Monday, September 3, 2012

UI made easier in Oracle APEX 4.2 , GRID EDIT

There are many awesome features included in the Oracle APEX 4.2 version , the most important thing is the whole  APEX UI based environment is now converted to a very light Jquery based environment .

Well this makes the developer feel lucky and lighter ,  expecially when there are  hard dead line  :)

UI is one of the major change in the Oracle APEX 4.2 release , to notice the big change just drag and drop few regions and items on ur screem and then in the development environment  , go to the development tool bar , you will find a new  icon called show grid edit :) ...


wow thats really awesome ... was my first experssion :)



Now once you click on show Grid edit , you will be swtiched to a grid mode of the whole page , which is really wowwwwwwwww...





3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    this feature are wellcome in "developer World"... but how create two columns ... in previous versions exist "drag and drop layout " but in 4.2 this option not exist ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David ,

    You have show grid button in the Developer Task bar in Oracle APEX . Once you click on it , you can see it .

    If you are talking about the implementation , you need to just change the column value while creating the region on your Page ..

    Regards,
    Nandini Thakur

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I am very much new to the APEX. My Question might sound stupid to you.
    I am Trying to build a simple form for data entry using Oracle Application Express workspace.
    Here I am not able to find anything to position my item in area I want.
    I want to reduce the gap/distance between Name, Type and Location fields. (Image is avaiable on http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/187923/0/ )
    I tried changing grid layout property but when ever I change it either items get overlap or there is big gap.
    Is there any way by which I can narrow the gap between two items?

    Thanks,
    Ashish

    ReplyDelete